Saturday, May 29, 2004

Woohoo... I have had my Cross Country yesterday. Guess what? I came out 2nd in place and received a large trophy but not as big as Amanda's as she was 1st. Let me briefly say about my experience. It was a cool Friday morning. I ate a light breakfast and was taken to MacRitchie Reservoir by my Dad. Soon, the compeitiors for the 3rd race prepared themselves and proceeded to the starting point. When I arrived at the starting point, I was simply so nervous to speak. Some of the compeitiors told me that they wanted to run with me. But, what's the difference of running alone and running with another compeitior? Soon, the race started and I started by going fast alittle to get away from the crowd. When i arrived in the forest, I already felt like giving up, a sense of giving up in me, but I didn't do so. When i arrived at the point where girls and boys go different routes, I knew that this part was the most difficult for me to overcome. There were so many rocks and they were especially large. I was crawling my way up and the muscles were like burning and they were hurting. This was the part where most people feel the strong urge to give up. However, I tried to keep focuse and went ahead to overtake Mabel. I jogged briskly and I was right beside Amanda. She realized I was there and she faster her pace. She stopped several times and I had to tap my hand on her shoulders to encourage her. When you are so exhausted, even lifting your hand is a difficulty to you, and I had to do that several times I guess. Amanda, my mei, and I jogged towards the finishing line and I somehow looked back and I saw my coach, Ms Lim! She actually came to run in our race, actually she had already hint to me that she wants to run and compete with me. I guess she thinks to highly of me but I think otherwise. Then today, I went to SRJC and i intended to support Amanda in her Frisbee game, I ended up playing inside the games. I played Captains Ball and won yet another trophy. Haha... really enjoyed my day today... especially in the morning with Amanda and her friends... Alright! See Ya!

No comments: