Friday, May 27, 2005

today, I had my 5th annual cross-country... I'll describe the whole experience and my thoughts/feelings. Yesterday night, I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling pondering over whether I should run tomorrow... I was very confused and tempted to take the easy way out by just handing Ms Lim the medical certificate the next day and skip running. I had always feared the feeling of running during x-country because of the torture I have to endure while pushing myself forward. I hated x-country. I flipped on the bed over and over again, unable to sleep. I was wondering and I felt very nervous about the event which was going to take place the next day. I cradled myself to sleep. I kept picturing myself breathing heavily during the race and pushing myself. I woke up the next day feeling uncertain, still indecisive whether to run anot. I decided that I wanted to run because i didn't want to betray my character traits... I make my way hastily to MacRitChie Reservoir with Mei Xuan together with me in my dad's car. I guess as I was too nervous and confused, i messed up my digestive system and I needed the toilet several times. I tried to calm myself there when the upper sec girls were called to prepare ourselves. We headed to the starting line and phew* I was pretty nervous... while on way there, I confided in Pei Wen and I told her I was very scared. She gave me advice and encouragement, thereby, i regained my confidence of myself. Thanks, Goh Pei Wen! The race began... I was thinking consistently the whole race...I thought that this race was going to be like a life battle or race, facing ups and downs. The whole journey of running was very memorable. A guy called Aidan told me to enjoy the race and I heeded his advice. I came out first and I felt very happy... however, i was not the overall champ... Too bad... Then, these days i keep on chatting with ben online... I can't understand him... really... sometimes, his nick is so weird I wonder whether he is implying to me anot... Er... I'm tired.. going off now.. see ya..

No comments: