Monday, December 05, 2005

Yesterday, something happened in my life that would forever change my perspective of life again. I feel very fumed up thinking about it. I hate been discriminated at and yesterday was the day I got treated like a dirt.
4th of Dec, and I will always remember this date.
Yesterday morning, my mom woke me up as I wanted badly to join them for breakfast and you can say I was very sleepy because I only had barely 7 hours of sleep as I slept around twelve the night before. I freshened myself and prepared to head for breakfast and later to visit my grandma, and guess what my Dad said, he said "You come for what?" Then my mom asked him to keep quiet. Anyways, I was quite used to it already thus I ignored his remark. I always treasured the little breakfast times I have with my parents because both of them were working day in and out. I hardly get to spend time with them these days compared to before. We left the house. After breakfast at a coffeeshop, my Dad walked real quickly away and it was very frustrating for me and my mom. So I messaged him and said, "Idiot we're at the medicine store". I always hated him for walking so fast and leaving my mom behind. As everyone knows, I'm very close to my mom. Then we met up with him and he seemed normal. We headed home first to put the breakfast on the dining table for my sisters to eat later on. Then, while my mom was in the toilet, my dad came to the kitchen and asked me to boil the water and later follow him to the petrol station with the bikes to inflat the tyres. I was very fed up for him asking me to do this and that. For your info, I have to vacuum the floor at least twice a week on my own. And I have to take care of the household too, such as washing my toilet or hanging out the clothes when my mom isn't at home. I was very sicked of doing all that during weekdays and he asked me to do it on a weekend- my breakday. Thus, I said "Sucker, why don't you do it yourself or ask daphne to go and do it or follow you to the petrol kiosk?" , " Why are you always depending on me?" The worse thing was he seldom asked my little sister or elder sister to do them and I'm the middle child?! I was very sicked of him always shielding my younger sister even though she has committed something wrong. And for your info again, he dosen't dare to beat my sister or scold her when she does something wrong. By the way, my younger sister uses vulgarities on him too, why didn't he slapped her? Worse still, he himself uses vulgarities too! I ask you logically, WHAT RIGHT DOES HE HAVE TO SAY THAT I SCOLD HIM VULGARITIES? Furthermore I don't use words such as F***er, it is he and my younger sister who uses them. He who dosen't show respect for himself by scolding vulgarities, has no right to ask another person to stop saying it to him if he dosen't change even though I'm his daughter. If he shows no respect to himself, he shall gain no respect of mine.
We headed to my grandma house then. On our way back, I forgot what was the reason, my dad got mad at my mom and the car was silent. By the way, my dad was already mad at my mom the previous day. So both of my parents were mad at each other. My mom got out of the car when we reached home, being closest to her, I followed her. All of us got back into the house. He got into his room and started saying my mom nags alot ever since she worked and he added that he was sicked and tired of me calling him idiot, f***ker and sucker. Okie, recalling back. Did I say him F***ker? The fact was NO! He put words in my mouth by saying I said that word. I stood up and argued with him. While my mom was in the kitchen, he who was arguing with me from his room came towards the living room with a newspaper and, HE SLAPPED ME WITH THE NEWSPAPER! He gave me a tightslap. I will never forget this particular day where he slapped me when I'm 15~! I'm 15 okie, and he slapped me. Without regards to logics. He did not showed the example by being a good father from the very first time he said the vulgar word~! It was even worse when he as a father showed discrimination between his daughters. I hate him. You slapped me, and I will never forget that day where I received a slap when I'm not in total wrong. The very wrong was made by you at the very start. I will never forget this slap. I will not take it for nothing. My tears kept flowing the day before that I swore never to drop another tear because of your stupid mistake! I still won't understand why I got slapped by you. I will show the world who is the right or wrong . . . Anyways, since he accused me of scolding him that F word, I was totally outrageous and since he wanted to hear that word so much by accusing me. I shouted across the kitchen to the toilet where he was the F word. Me and my mom then took our stuff and walked out on him. What even infuriated me was when I got home later in the night and I was about to sleep when I talked to my younger sister about the turd* and she said, " You still call him names ". I then said you shut your mouth up la, you scold mom all the vulgarities I can think of too. You have the least right to tell me what to do. My younger sister cannot get along well with my mom, so alike me and my dad can't get along too. I slept with hatred fuming inside my heart last night. I wanted to vent my anger out or to slap my dad back to let him relish the feeling of being slapped. Then I recalled what my mom told me before we got back into the house, "Keep your cool". That was on my mind the entire night.
I got up this morning feeling very tired. I headed for Raffles Girls' for my friendly match. On the way there, I thought of how I wanted to play later on. I was wondering should I allow my anger to distract me during the game or make use of it? Then, I made the right decision. I wanted to vent my frustrations out on the court. I wanted satisfaction without disappointment. I went into the game and I came out fully satisfied . . .

No comments: